Liz from This Full House nominated me for the The Lemonade Award. ( It was like ages ago but it didn’t have a time limit on it!) I am not sure if she is telling me to go suck a lemon or if I need to lay off the Diet Coke and drink more lemonade or if she just feels sorry for me that I am did not go with her to the Cambell’s plant in Philadelphia (or on any of her trips or even to her house) even though I am in a “relationship” with Weber Shandwick here in Dallas. Whichever, I gladly accept this award. (Though her reason for giving it to me is because I talk funny. A girl from Joisey telling me I talk funny? cha!)
Why the lemonade award?
It is given as appreciation for those people who have shown a great attitude or gratitude this week. It is tough to narrow it down (and not duplicate someone I know has already received it) but I can do.
I hereby award this Lemonade Award to the following bloggers:
- Kimberly of Petroville because she has shown great strength after losing her dog to cancer. And? She finds things to be grateful for even when she feel uninspired. I love reading her and am a huge fan. I am always inspired when I visit her site! She thinks she may have fallen out of love with blogging. Tell her not to!
- Headless Mom because OMG…she had me at headless Barbie! Oh, yes, she did! I had some of the best talks with her at BlogHer and cannot wait to see her again. (And? She knows some of my secrets. Shhhhh) She rocks and headless or not, you should be reading her.
- Karen Janet (duh! I have the flu and mistyped her name. She gets a bonus award for my stupidity!) of Caffeinatrix because she has the courage to start over online after years because it felt right. I totally admire that. (And? She knows too many of my secrets, too.)
- Jenny of Three Kid Circus because she was my former partner in crime and more importantly she always has a nice thing to say to everyone. And? She is stressed out. Give her love!
- Shannon of Rocks in My Dryer because…wow…she is just brilliant and inspiring. Talk about a marketing genius. She is one for sure.
- Katherine of Raising Five because I have known her for 15 years and when I say she is as real as it gets, I mean it. She puts it out there without apology. And? She saved my hiney on a project recently.
- MagnetoBold because she always make me laugh. And? She comments. What more can you ask for?
- Slouching Mom of Slouching Past 40 because every time I read her I can relate on some level. Read her. I mean it.
- Kristen of Mommy Needs a Cocktail because…well, who doesn’t. And? When I met her in person I wanted to take her home with me to be my real life daily friend. (And still use her shot glass she gave me.)
- Daisy of Compost Happens because 1) She is a wonderful reader and commenter and 2) She is feeling under the weather, too. We sick ones must stick together.
- Fear and Parenting in Las Vegas because once I found her, I was hooked. Are you? You should be, too!
Oh, and even though this is supposed to be awarded to bloggers and not “sites”, I am still sending an honorary award to The Motherhood. This is an amazing site for moms, moms-to-be, people who know moms etc. It is my daily hang out and they have something for everyone. They get the award, too!
Feel like sharing the award? Not a problem, all you have to do is:
- Put the logo on your blog or post.
- Nominate at least 10 blogs, which show great Attitude and/or Gratitude! Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
- Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
- Share the love and link to this post and to the person from whom you received your award.
Now I am off to tag all of those bloggers. (And if I did not tag you it is because someone else did and I can’t break the rules and re-tag you. BUT…I do still love you!)
Thanks, Liz, for always making me feel like blogging and keeping it real. I shall stalk adore you forever. (And you get the award right back because…you are Liz.)
Thank you so much for the, uh, lemonade.
What a bright spot in an otherwise looooooong Sunday.
Aw, shucks. Now I’m blushing (or maybe that’s the fever). I still like the idea of turning down the lemonade in favor of coffee, even though I’m sucking down a diet Dr. Pepper at the moment!
If you Texas mama and the Joisey girl talk funny, what does my Midwestern Cheesehead twang sound like? No, don’t answer that!
But thanks for making my day!
Thank you soooooo much! I miss you too and hope to see you this summer. Still working on that…
Thanks, girl. I love me some sparkling lemonade with Finlanda. Oops. I mean lemonade.
Thanks Jenn! Hey, can I have vodka with my lemonade? I’ll share 😉 xo
Awww..thanks! It’s nice to be acknowledged 🙂
Has it really been 15 years? Yikes. You were the one who taught me about being real, and I mean that. Thanks, Jenn. Now about that coffee…we need to meet sometime!
I would like to accept this award, on behalf of all Professional Dorks…oh, wait…
Thanks so much sweetie. It’s nice to get some lemonade these days. I’m tired of pulling the ones out of my bra for my iced tea.
I see success has gone to your thighs.
gwen, you forgot: my butt, my cheeks, my arms and of course my head! I mean, c’mon!